Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flying F Ranch

Photographer Ken McFarland Art model Pearl Pardo and myself had the awesome pleasure of shooting at Flying F Ranch this last Sunday, and what an amazing day!
The ranch is in a very beautiful portion of the Lucerne Valley, about 2 hours northeast of Orange County in an part of the high desert I visit quite often on photo shoots. And for good reason as this is a breathtaking area and many of my best images have come from the surrounding hills, the open areas and nearby dry lake bed.
Behind the scenes Ken working with Samir & Pearl using the western plain as a backdrop.
Samir & John
John and his wife Natalie are amazing, if you know me than you know what I mean when I say they are Good People. They are also horse people, Samir is a rescue that has been at the ranch a few years now and John volunteers to run the local horse ambulance. Flying F Ranch welcomes groups of special needs kids, they will also transport animals to schools for the kids, the ranch hosts many other animals besides horses and just being here is an incredible experience.
Argo, Pearl & Sugar
There is truly something special out here, for me it just doesn't get any better, the magic feeling at daybreak is surreal, the entire area is what I like to call 'target rich', point your camera in any direction and you'll know what I mean. I honestly can't wait to return. If you want to capture the feeling of the western desert I cannot recommend this location highly enough, bring your camera and your imagination.
Delilah
I cannot extend enough thanks to the entire crew at Flying F Ranch, they literally went out of their way to provide me with the opportunity for amazing images. Feel free to contact John via email at flyingfranch1@yahoo.com or call them at 714-404-4582. They would be happy to arrange a tour of the ranch, tell 'em David Winge sent you.
Argo & Pearl
"The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness." ~Yann Arthus-bertrand

No comments:

Post a Comment