Monday, March 28, 2011

Life, Love & Windmills

I believe life & love can be mutually exclusive and at times cannot exist simultaneously, there's a balance that must be carefully measured and tended to. It's not o.k. to chase your dreams at the expense of others and not right to try, the balance is not only when you give up a little to receive a little, it's also knowing where and how to draw the line, not always so easy to do.
Caution to the Winds
This past weekend's shoot began with much anticipation and for me a feeling of anxiousness to get some solid images for publication, it began Friday night with a conversation about a gallery show. In my mind I can never have enough material, it could be I use this as an excuse to go out for more, or a way to avoid facing the limitations of my current work. Ansel Adams once said 'Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop." I wish I had his patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment