Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wyldcat

A few weeks ago I did a somewhat random search and 'tagged' (left a message) for 4 model's on Model Mayhem that I felt were exceptional and fit my photographic style, I simply said that I would love to work with them sometime. 
The Workshop
Only one of the models responded, Wyldcat, by leaving a message saying simply that she would also love to work with me. So, we began communicating via private messages, we set a date and traded contact info, we chatted back & forth about photography, modeling, music and locations.
The Microcosm Of Life
Last Saturday we headed for the high desert, I picked her up around noon and the plan was to shoot until sunset, the concept was to shoot for my 'decay' series in and around abandoned buildings, shoot for my flower series and also do some art nude in the desert. I'm not sure if it was from the brief conversations we had in e-mail or text, but practically from the moment we met I felt I had known her a long time already.
Nature's Overture
 
Conditioned
The first place we stopped was an abandoned farm house, I don't think we were there all of 5 minutes when 4 people drove up in a van, stopping there to shoot fashion, so down the road we went to a smaller abandoned house only a mile or so away, again 15 minutes after arriving a guy drove up who had come to sit on the porch and eat his lunch. Undeterred we went to yet another place I knew out there and this time we were able to work uninterrupted and the shoot began coming together. 
The Natural World
It was a beautiful day and Wyldcat is an exceptional talent as well as great company, we cruised the valley stopping at several abandoned places and then as the light improved in the later afternoon we moved on to desert nudes, in the rocks and on the lake bed. She was simply amazing and I am very much looking forward to our next adventure!
Corner Of My Eye
"No, I don't think you're ever an objective observer. By making a frame you're being selective, then you edit the pictures you want published and you're being selective again. You develop a point of view that you want to express. You try to go into a situation with an open mind, but then you form an opinion, and you express it in your photographs." ~Mary Ellen Mark

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Just Awsom! Did I Die and go to Heaven What Wonderful Photos and what A Beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete