Sunday, June 10, 2012

Portraits

Some of my attempts to capture portraits during my most recent photo shoots.
Katz Pajamaz
Natural light under sometimes crazy conditions, indoors and out, in a beautiful room or the remains of an abandoned dwelling in the desert.
Iota Art & NevaehLleh
Taking a few moments to concentrate on portraiture has helped my focus, I feel it's added a dimension to what I see. 
Mila Ringo
 Edward Weston said: "...success in photography, portraits especially, is dependent on being able to grasp those supreme instants which pass with the ticking of a clock, never to be duplicated - so light, balance - expression must be seen - felt as it were - in a flash, the mechanics and technique being so perfected in one as to be absolutely automatic."
Sunshine In The Desert
Putting the nude in the landscape is emotive and beautiful, portraits however are more personal and so as opposed to the landscape where my subject is one with the surroundings, in portraiture we explore personality.
Conundra
Again I cannot say how fortunate I have been to work with people so unique and so giving to my work, my projects, my style and my learning, especially my learning.
Iota Art
Annie Leibovitz said, "A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people." This is a key I have learned and regardless of what you do, be it cooking, art, dance, photography or what have you, do it with love and the results will be there.
Shelby Katz
And shoot from the heart.
Pearl Pardo

Shelby Katz & Katz Pajamaz
"I hate cameras. They interfere, they’re always in the way. I wish: if I could just work with my eyes alone. To get a satisfactory print, one that contains all that you intended, is very often more difficult and dangerous than the sitting itself. When I’m photographing, I immediately know when I’ve got the image I really want. But to get the image out of the camera and into the open, is another matter." ~Richard Avedon

2 comments: