Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dreams

they come and they go and you have to try to hold on
End Of The Rainbow
They say we dream every time we sleep but don't always remember, it's a very rare occasion that I remember my dreams, I only remember the dreams I have when I'm awake. But those are more wishes than dreams I suppose, because it seems I chase them until they shatter, but don't we all.
Medicated
I haven't always had a dream, for much of my life I think I was fairly content to just go along, oh I had moments when I would ponder what it would be like to do this, or that, or be someone else. But in 1994 I searched and found my birth family and at that point I found out I really was someone, I think from that point on I really never wanted to be anyone else.
Living On Dreams
Things seemed to have changed dramatically recently and I believe it's due in a big part to finding a dream, it's that one thing. Like in the movie City Slickers there was an exchange between Curly, played by Jack Palance and Mitch who was played by Billy Crystal that went like this.

Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is? [holds up one finger]
Curly: This.
Mitch: Your finger?
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don't mean shit.
Mitch: But, what is the "one thing?"
Curly: [smiles] That's what *you* have to find out
Absolution
That's how I felt when I went out on my first nude photo shoot in the desert, like I had found that one thing, the one thing that made everything else seem to mean less. I just hope I can hold on to it.
Desert Solice

No comments:

Post a Comment