Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunrise Sunset

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." - Galen Rowell
Black Star Ranch
I stumbled on the above quote while poking around the Interwebs today, and it hit me a bit hard because so many times I've been driving to work and watching the most beautiful sunrise, powerless to even pull my camera out of my bag. (Note to self, buy a point & shoot!) Every morning when I see a gorgeous sky and the light changing color it feels like another missed opportunity.
Once Upon A Time
There is nothing like it, the anticipation as the sky grows slowly brighter, watching the hills behind and trying to gauge where the light will hit first and where the shadows will fall. Before I started shooting seriously I never gave it a thought, just captured what I could when the timing allowed me to be in a position where I could take a photograph. Now I'm more careful of my timing and I strive to be in the best location for those first rays of golden light.
Shine On
There are some people close to me who think I'm crazy for chasing the sunrise out in the desert, they just don't understand that it's magic.
Hope Lives With The Morning
And how can you not love the view?
Last Light
A Net friend of mine collects photographic related quotes for his website, PhotoQuotes and he would love to receive more, if you have a favorite photography related quote, please send it to Hákon Ágústsson he would very much appreciate it! And tell him I sent you, he's good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment