Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shooting For Me

I see what I see, I love what I love, I go out and shoot beauty as I see it.
Have A Cigar
I couldn't stop if I wanted to, it's way too much fun and I only wish I could do more of it!
Living In The Chaos
Lucky is the person who enjoys their job and even luckier is the one who does what they love, the desert is where my heart is, it's where I feel most alive and being able to bring back images like these is what I live for. Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact I'm not selling much work, a print here and there and a book now and then but wouldn't it be awesome to make a living at this.
The Thrill Is Gone
But not at the expense of becoming something or someone I'm not or making changes in style, because right now I'm getting the photos I think are the most amazing in my life. I'm working with models who share my vision of what the genre is all about, I'm totally happy and completely satisfied with what I'm doing. And in my heart this is all that matters, shooting what I believe in.
That's The Way
So wouldn't it be fine to be rich and famous and have people paying a premium to hang your work on their walls, I'll never know, I'll probably never know what it's like to break even. Do you know what the difference is between a large pizza and a photographer? A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Glory
I'm shooting Sunday and I'm excited and so very much looking forward to it, things keep changing and by my standards I'm liking my work more than ever, It may not bring in cash, be worthy of publication or hang in the Getty but it'll be mine.
Names And Places

No comments:

Post a Comment